We’ve been looking at ways to reduce our impact on the environment since long before it became fashionable – monitoring the resources we use and disposing of waste responsibly has been part of our business since Day 1. From our trucks to our offices, we’re always finding ways to be more green, and here are some of them:
- Our entire fleet of collection vehicles is currently using biodiesel fuel.
- We have converted some of our collection vehicles to a propane fuel source, and we are encouraged by the initial results and evaluating next steps.
- We continually seek to improve the efficiency of our routes and reduce our engine idle time in order to reduce airborne emissions from our trucks.
- All of our locations have developed aggressive recycling programs, from the office staff to shop personnel.
- We have developed a company-wide “Green Team” to further explore ways to reduce our impact on the environment. One recent initiative was the elimination of bottled drinking water and movement to in-house water filtration systems.
- We participate in a variety of community-based recycling task forces.
|QUESTIONS ? 815-965-2489|